Field crickets are normally present during the summer time. The males can chirp up to 30 times per minute in an effort to call a female. They cannot survive during the winter so they are just a summertime pest problem. These crickets are most active at night and are considered the “sound of summer.”
WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE?
- Can grow up to an inch in length.
- Normally black or brown in color.
WHERE DO THEY LIVE?
- Fields and forest edges.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
- Field crickets can be a nuisance to humans in that they feast on plants and seeds.
- Gardeners and farmers struggle with the field cricket during the summer months.
- Field crickets can also enter the home and damage furnishings and rugs.
Our Approach to Pest Control & Prevention
At U.S. Pest Protection, we protect what matters most. That could be your family, your home, your business, your pets - anything. Our professionals are trained and certified pest control technicians that have the knowledge & experience to protect what matters most for our customers. Ask about a FREE inspection today.