How to Get Rid of Fungi in Tennessee

If fungi have infected your home, it’s crucial to get rid of them quickly. These tiny invaders can cause a variety of health issues, ranging from frustrating allergic reactions to dangerous asthma attacks and infections. 

Protect your home from fungi with helpful tips from U.S. Pest Protection. While our suggested methods may curb your fungi problem, it takes professionals to make your home truly fungi-free. Contact our fungi control experts today.

Clean Your Home with Fungi-Killing Products

Keeping your home clean is critical to stopping or preventing fungal growth. While the following products will kill fungi, some of them may stain your belongings or cause chemical burns. Be sure to wear protective gear, and use these products to get rid of fungi in your home:

  • Chlorine bleach: Easily destroys fungi and removes fungal stains on surfaces, but should be diluted before use, due to its toxicity. Never combine chlorine bleach with ammonia.
  • Hydrogen peroxide: In a 3-10% solution, will kill fungi and lighten fungal stain on surfaces. May stain clothes.
  • Distilled white vinegar: Non-toxic solution that kills mold, but does not remove fungal stains well.
  • Baking soda and borax: Mix with water to create a non-toxic solution that stops the growth and survival of fungi.

Deep Clean Your Appliances

Since fungi are drawn to warmth and moisture, be sure to frequently clean out the following appliances:

  • Refrigerator
  • Washing machine
  • Coffee maker

You can easily clean your washing machine by running a cycle with hot water and chlorine bleach once a month. Be sure to run the washing machine without any clothes in it, as chlorine bleach will stain them. After the cycle is completed, inspect your washer’s door seal and other tight spots that fungi may hide.

It’s best to avoid using bleach on food-related appliances, as it is an extremely toxic chemical. Instead, wipe down your fridge and coffee maker with distilled white vinegar to stop fungi from growing.

Scrub Your Tiles and Grout

Bathrooms are common areas for fungi to grow, due to their constant warmth and humidity. If you’ve noticed fungi forming on your bathroom’s tiles or in the grout, clean them with a mixture of one cup of bleach per gallon of water. 

Apply your water-bleach mixture to the fungi-infected area. Once it’s been on the fungi for 15 minutes, scrub and rinse it off. If you have colored tiles, it’s best to just scrub the fungi directly — leaving the water-bleach solution on colored tiles may stain them.

Get a Free Estimate for Fungi Removal Today

Do-it-yourself solutions may help your fungi infestation, but it takes professionals to completely protect your home. For effective fungi solutions, look no further than U.S. Pest Protection. Our experts will inspect your home and form an effective solution for keeping your home safe from fungi. Get your free estimate today!

Branches

Nashville

Hendersonville

Gallatin

Murfreesboro

Commercial

Get Started

Ask about a FREE inspection for your home or business today. A complimentary estimate will be provided by one of our U.S. Pest professionals.