Cockroaches, around since the dinosaur age, can live for over a month without food. They can even survive for up to a week without their head! Most cockroaches are nocturnal and will run away from any exposed light. Some can go without air for 45 minutes while others can go 3 months without food.
These insects can crawl through microscopic cracks in your household and carry nasty odors and terrible diseases.
- Roaches walked the earth with dinosaurs
- The German, Oriental and brown banded cockroach is usually the only type that invades your home.
- Cockroaches can live without their heads — but will eventually die because it can’t drink water.
- Roaches will eat anything… literally from dead skin to dirty diaper feces to bananas and just crumbs or even unnoticed grease
- Some roaches can live up to 30 minutes underwater
- Roaches can be a trigger for asthma