A Quick Guide To The Signs Of Common Spring Pests
Springtime brings blooming flowers, budding trees, warmer weather and … bugs. Yes, bugs – and lots of them. Unfortunately, when plants spring back to life bugs seem to do the same, and they invite themselves into your home while they’re at it. Not sure if those pesky buggers have set up shop in your spare bedroom? Take a look at our quick list of signs that some common spring pests are invading your home to find out.
SIGNS OF TERMITES
- Check wood in contact with soil around your home
- You spot swarmers, which are flying termites in springtime
- There’s cracked or rippled paint on wood surfaces
- You see mud tubes on the walls
SIGNS OF AN ANT INFESTATION
- You’ve seen one or two crawling around our home. Ants don’t typically travel alone – it’s likely there’s an entire colony nearby
- Look closer for more ants. They create trails that they follow
- Look around the exterior of your home for ant trails, especially around windows and doors
SIGNS OF A MOUSE INFESTATION
- Mouse droppings on kitchen counters and inside cabinets
- Unexplained small holes created in walls
- Scratching noises in your walls (particularly at night)
- Small chewed holes in furniture, drawers, or other structures
Unfortunately a spider infestation can be had to spot because they often like to stay in a secluded area within or around your home. Contact us today for a [free inspection], and we’ll ensure your home stays spider-free.
Where should you look for these signs? Pantries, closets, boxes, and more. Check out our blog 11 Places To Look For Bugs While Spring Cleaning to make sure you complete a thorough check!