10 Engaging Facts About Mosquitoes You Haven’t Heard!
There is one insect that just loves to ruin your relaxation time in the backyard. The Mosquito! Surprisingly these pesky insects have several interesting facts you probably have never heard before!
1. Only FEMALE mosquitoes bite to feed on your blood, the proteins provide the female with essential vitamins to help produce and develop their eggs.
2. Mosquitoes are the worlds deadliest animal, Why? Well, it’s down to the harmful diseases that they are known to spread.
3. Compared to flies and wasps, mosquitoes are quite slow. It is estimated that these biting insects can only fly at speeds between 1 and 1.5 mph.
4. It has been discovered that before mating, mosquitoes engaged in a sort of unique dance which involves beating their wings in a call-and-response type of manner.
5. Carbon dioxide is one of the main ways in which mosquitoes locate their next meal, following the smell of CO2 released from our breath.
6. There are over 3,000 different species of mosquitoes throughout the world!
7. Studies have revealed that mosquitoes are able to drink 3 times their own body weight in blood.
8. It is estimated that mosquitoes live less than 2 months!
9. Mosquitoes are as old as the Dinosaurs, with evidence of these biting insects dating back to the Triassic Period!
10. Not every mosquito has a craving for human blood. Some species prefer to consume from other animals such as frogs and birds.
These pesky insects are quite fascinating but don’t let them ruin your summer barbecues!
Prevent summer mosquitoes with U.S. Pest Protection’s mosquito, flea and tick control services! Give us a call today at 615-590-1260 or visit us at https://uspest.com/free-pest-inspection