You can easily spot a ladybug with its bright red or yellow rounded back and black polka dots. Farmers love ladybugs – and not just for their history of good luck when they land on you – but because they help to get rid of other plant-eating insects. As pretty as they may be, though, they can still be a nuisance if you find them in your home.
They won’t bite or eat your furniture, but can come in big numbers. So – a quick ladybug sighting can quickly turn into a ladybug convention! They are most often found in fields and yards where other Aphids (the types of insects they like to eat) are found.
WHAT DO THEY LOOK LIKE?
- The Asian Lady Beetle, also known as the ladybug, is anywhere from 1/32″ to 1/8″ in length and is oval-shaped
- Usually, ladybugs are red or orange, but they can be yellow, brown or black
ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
- Ladybugs typically hibernate in the winter months and become more active beginning in the spring.
- They are agile and easily find small cracks and crevices in your home.
- They won’t hurt you, but some more aggresive types of ladybugs can become especially bothersome in your home as they multiply quickly .
WHERE DO THEY LIVE?
- Typically these insects live in higher elevated plots of land or near homes (especially those homes with light-colored walls)
Our Approach to Pest Control & Prevention
At U.S. Pest Protection, we protect what matters most. That could be your family, your home, your business, your pets - anything. Our professionals are trained and certified pest control technicians that have the knowledge & experience to protect what matters most for our customers. Ask about a FREE inspection today.