Encapsulation Services in Tennessee
Protect Your Home From Moisture, Mold, & Pests
Did you know that the average crawl space absorbs nearly 20 gallons of water vapor every day! Excessive moisture can cause structural damage and can provide the perfect environment for mold, wood rot, and insect infestations. And that’s why we offer encapsulation services.
- Although not part of the living environment a crawl space is one of the more important areas of your home and it also is one of the most neglected.
- Actually, it has a huge impact on the air quality in the occupied area of the building because of the stack effect.
- In addition to the health benefits of an encapsulation, the condition of a crawlspace can also have negative or positive effects on the integrity of your home.
Encapsulation Services from U.S. Pest
- When a U.S. Pest Professional comes to your home to perform an encapsulation, they’ll completely clean your crawlspace of debris.
- Next, cracks, openings, and any remaining holes where air can enter your crawlspace will be sealed. Once the sealing process is complete, custom styrofoam covers are fitted over any vent openings.
- At this point, the foundation walls, floor joists, and subfloor will be completely treated with an antifungal and termite control product.
- Finally, we install a 6 mil clear poly sheeting on the walls, around supports, and covering the ground. Once the poly has been taped and sealed at the joints, a dehumidifier is placed in the crawlspace for maximum moisture removal.
Want to keep your home healthy?
Worried about an insect infestation or fungi problem?
Other Home Services
We offer a variety of moisture barrier services to protect your crawlspace from harmful fungus and decay by reducing the amount of moisture entering the space. Moisture Barriers also create a base layer of defense against pests and insects by eliminating their water supply.
Termites are another threat to your home’s foundation and cause more damage to homes every year than house fires. We believe a liquid termite treatment is the best protection for your home. The last thing you need to worry about is termites eating your home away! The U.S. Pest liquid termite treatment is the reason why we have more homes protected than anyone else!
We install powered foundation vents on one side of the house and non-powered vents on the other to create a steady flow of air through your crawl space. Ensuring your crawlspace stays dry protects your home against mold, rot, and insects.
Wood decay destroys more homes than fires and termites combined, in addition to causing health problems. We provide a complimentary assessment to check your home for wood-decay issues and wood-decay fungi, and can treat the wood with different fungicides to protect it.