Receive $500 Towards An Encapsulation Service
When You Inquire About Our Encapsulation Moisture Control & Prevention Services. Mention This Exclusive Offer!
Encapsulation & Crawlspace Services
Encapsulations will help improve poor air quality in and under your home. Low air quality can cause harm to ones health quickly. Consequently, breathing in the contaminates of an unattended crawlspace on a daily basis can stir up asthma attacks and allergies.
As a result of keeping your crawlspace dry, it deprives fungi & mold spores of moisture needed to grow. That’s why we offer moisture barrier installation services. Our moisture barriers protect your home from the harmful effects of moisture and keep your air clean.
We install powered foundation vents on one side of the house and non-powered vents on the other to create a steady air flow through your crawl space. As a result, ventilation ensures your crawlspace from damp moisture and protects your home.
Wood decay can cause health problems by breathing in bad particles. Therefore, we provide a free assessment to check your home for wood-decay & fungi issues. As a result, we’ll treat wood with our Moldcare/Boracare treatment to preserve it.
DO YOU NEED YOUR HOME CRAWLSPACE INSPECTED?
Protect Your Home From Moisture, Mold, & Pests
Did you know: The average crawl space absorbs nearly 20 gallons of water vapor every day. Excessive moisture can cause structural damage and can provide the perfect environment for mold, wood rot, and insect infestations. As a result, these facts are why we offer encapsulation services.
- Although not part of the living environment, a crawl space is one of the more important areas of your home and is also one of the most neglected.
- Because of the stack effect, it has a huge impact on the air quality in the occupied area of the building.
- In addition to the health benefits of an encapsulation, the condition of a crawlspace can also have negative or positive effects on the integrity of your home.
Encapsulation Services from U.S. Pest
- When a U.S. Pest Professional comes to your home to perform an encapsulation, they’ll completely clean your crawlspace of debris.
- Any cracks, openings, and remaining holes where air can enter your crawlspace will be sealed. Furthermore, once the sealing process is complete, custom styrofoam covers are fitted over any vent openings.
- At this point, the foundation walls, floor joists, and subfloor will be completely treated with an anti-fungal and termite control product.
- Finally, we install a 6 mil clear poly sheeting on the walls, around supports, and covering the ground. In addition, once the poly has been taped and sealed at the joints, a dehumidifier is placed in the crawlspace for maximum moisture removal.
ENCAPSULATION AND CRAWLSPACE MOISTURE FACTS
- The moldy musty smell in your home can come from under your crawl space
- Fungus left untreated can cause breathing problems and structural damage
- Sometimes cricket poop is misidentified as fungus
- U.S. Pest uses a moisture meter or hydrometer to measure the moisture in the wood under your home
- If your crawlspace has a moisture level of 20% or more, active fungus can grow
- We monitor all of our customer’s homes and protected crawl spaces for moisture issues
- Poor drainage, plumbing leaks, and heavy rains can cause threats to your crawlspace condition.
- The U.S. Pest crawlspace encapsulation inspection is 100% no cost, for you to find out what we can do to help
- Some people want their crawlspace encapsulated for health reasons, others to protect their home and some to prevent any unwanted issues.
Have Questions Regarding Your Crawlspace?
Other Home Services
Lawn Care Services
Our safe and effective mosquito, flea, tick, and chigger treatments prevent these insects from taking over your lawn. In addition, we offer grass seeding, aeration, fertilization, preventative weed control, and spot treatments for active weeds. Mole control is also a specialty of ours at U.S. Pest Protection.
Termites are another threat to your home’s foundation. Did you know: Termites cause more damage to homes every year than house fires, tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes combined. Our U.S. Pest liquid termite treatment is the reason we have more homes protected than anyone else in Middle Tennessee.
Monthly Pest Control
U.S. Pest Monthly Premium Pest Control offers protection for your home against ants, bed-bugs, brown recluse (if active upon initial treatment), cockroaches, fleas, lady bugs, mosquitoes, rodents (mice), silverfish, spiders, stinging insects (bees, hornets, wasps, yellow jackets), stink bugs, termites, & ticks.
U.S. Pest has proven and successful mosquito treatments that are also bee friendly. We offer year round prevention and control with our services that begin in March and end in October. Mosquitoes can spread illnesses and diseases such as West Nile Virus, Chikungunya, and Zika virus.